Thursday, December 22, 2011

Skidamarink!

Max sits and watches "super simple songs" on YOUTUBE, I use my laptop computer and we do this together twice a day for 15-20mins whilst we are in the kitchen, he is in his highchair, I am cooking dinner or he is snacking.  On TV, Max likes Yo Gabba Gabba for the music they always play. Not forgetting his #1 favorite Elmo's World.

I think music will be a big part of Max's life. I am encouraging this early. It's funny as maternal instincts go, I'd actually played my boom box to my belly when he was inside. I'd play 'Sedona spa' before bed. Now I find myself speaking to Max in song a lot of times! I repeat words to him a thousand times for repetition!

I plan to enroll Max, in a program in the Spring, at 'Kindermusik' for his age group. It's about a 20 week class, every Saturday.

"Music is very closely linked with language. Some people believe that we may have started to sing before we started to speak"

The song in the link below if watched, sticks in your mind all day, which is actually really not a bad thing to sing!

Skidamarink, dink dink... I love you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vPzg7VLUsY

No comments:

Post a Comment